Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here I am

I once was a new vegetarian and plodded through the early stages of new ways of eating and cooking; today am a new blogger--a "plogger"I call myself. There's one place to start new things-- at a place called "here". That's where I am and where my food is when I transform it into snacks, breakfast, lunch or dinner--with mixed results. I am a CSA-member and a baby gardener and produce preserver. I've learned to and like to cook what's in season in my garden, in my CSA share or at the farmer's market. But it hasn't always been easy or fun. My most successful approach is to transform a recipe lifted from the internet or a cookbook into my transcendent vision for it to fit the ingredients I have at my disposal. Some times I create a new and amazing dish. Some times I create something new...and maybe "interesting".  Other times the vision just crashes and burns, (yes sometimes literally). I'll share some of my "food from here" in this space.  I hope my journey will encourage fun and learning in the 'here' of your life.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment